Teenage jewelry design is always in season. Teenagers are very lucrative with these collections. Today, teenagers aging 12 – 19 year-old were mostly seen at the malls and other jewelry or craft stores hunting for some latest teenage jewelry trend. Fashion analyst says, American teenagers are currently spending billions of dollar a year for fashion and beauty, and 90% of them shops for accessories at least once a month.
Fashion for teenagers is very important. Clothes, shoes, jewelry, hairstyles and make-ups are all part of growing up for them. Whatever the kind of fashion they’re into, it symbolizes what they believe, and that creates their own identity. As they are surrounded with fashion, they are also having fun experimenting, from colors to styles and designs.
As to your jewelry business, you may want to consider a small portion of teenage jewelry section to your shop. With reasonable and considerable price, both boys and girls will buy for some reasons. Teenagers are very trendy and if someone wears some of your jewelry then others tend to follow and want to buy the same. This is why hang tags for your jewelry are important as they get your contact details circulating in the teenage community.
To designs jewelries for teenagers, here are some tips for you:
* If you notice, entertainment industries are the main significant factors influencing teenager’s fashion trends. They are likely imitating popular young celebrities, pop stars, rock and alternative bands designs. Once you have learned how to make simple beaded anklet you can alter the simple design to keep up with the latest trends.
* To design jewelry for teenagers, try to ask some teenagers about their favorite style. Know their ideas and feedbacks regarding jewelry trends, you will surely surprised by each of their insights and view.
* Go to your local mall and visit a Hot Topic store, if there is. New trend of styles and designs for teens are commonly available there.
* Generally, teenagers don’t want to wear jewelry that their parents usually wear. So you must understand that there is a big difference between teenager’s jewelry styles with any other age bracket.
* You may want to consider also spiritual and religious theme for your teenage jewelry designs. Teens tend to explore their beliefs by wearing jewelries that have symbols of what they believe. Try to incorporate crystals, healing stones, crucifix, and any other symbols and religious items to your jewelry design.
* Prepare lots of body jewelry; these are a very popular among teenagers. Go with non-pierced body jewelry as they are widely worn by teenager. Teenagers are tempted with affordable ankle bracelets, toe rings, barefoot sandals, and other accessories that can’t show off well under winter clothes during warm weather.
* For young men, they generally want a masculine look. Design some rugged jewelry look using materials such as leather, hemp, beads, silver or pewter for them.
* Remember that the majority of teenagers get shy when wearing jewelry that is too far over the top. They are more comfortable with jewelry styles that are balance, simple, cool and wearable. Focusing on teenage jewelry making becomes a profitable hobby if you can get into the market with your designs. Being able to corner one section of the industry allows you the freedom to create beautiful niche market designs and become an authority in that specific area.